Play around sound is a one-hour themed class, from the jungle, to outer space or anywhere in between.
The adventure involves:
- Games, excitement, yoga, getting giddy, relaxing into the earth, deeeeep breathing, eyes closed, floating up to imagination station, aaand getting up and getting giddy again.
- Using voice, breath work and mantra, children are encouraged to explore their own unique sound, and experience fusing it with a group.
- Spontaneously creating music together with instruments from all around the world.
- Creating music-based stories and poems – and playing together to create our very own play around sound orchestra
Music is a powerful tool for expression, providing a space for children to communicate...when words just aren’t enough.
The classes are designed to bring the many benefits of sound to as many children as possible. Skills associated with play around sound are;
- Attention and listening
- Non-verbal expression
- Communication skills
- Turn-taking and sharing
- Social understanding and confidence
- Concentration and listening skills
- Facilitating parents understanding of their child’s evolving needs
- Learning basic relaxation and stress reducing techniques
- Developing writing, spoken word poetry and story telling skills
- Promoting positive self-esteem.
play around sound can be tailored to fit the current curriculum and the ethos of the organization.